Blog

Day 253 – 255 – Is this the key to my marathon day success?

March 6th, 2014 by

DDE 253-255I have been working with my sports therapist on solving my injury problems in order to get back to my training regime as quick as possible. In addition to the stretching work I am doing to treat the iliopsoas bursitis in my hip and the ultrasonic work for the chronic compartment syndrome in my shin, I have also purchased some orthotics to help with my pronation in my left leg. I am hoping that these are going to be the key factor in helping to correct my alignment, reduce injuries and get my training back on track. As you can imagine the last few weeks have been extremely frustrating and worrying. Having put in a tremendous amount of effort in to get this far over the last 8 months I would be devastated to miss out on the big day. This seems like the last throw of the dice, over the next 5 weeks I need to get some semblance of fitness to give me a realistic chance of completing the 26.2 miles.

I booked my flight and hotel for Abu Dhabi, I fly out next Tuesday evening and can’t wait to get some sunshine. I think that my trip is going to be perfectly timed as it is going to allow me to train on the road as opposed to the treadmill as well as give me time

to rest, recover and visit an orthopedic specialist to see if there is anything else that I need to do to change my running style and reduce potential injury. With less than 5 weeks until the marathon I am starting to get the feeling that I do the night before an exam, basically if I am not ready now then I never will be – so let’s just get on with it!

I

am continuing to raise funds for Buttle UK, the charity that I am running on behalf. Currently I am just over 40% of the way to my £2000 target and am hoping that with 5 weeks to go I can raise the remaining 60%. If you would like to make a donation please visit http://www.justgiving.com/dmmd and support this fantastic charity and the great work that they do with disadvantaged children through their grants program.

2 Responses to “Day 253 – 255 – Is this the key to my marathon day success?”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Close
Please support the site
By clicking any of these buttons you help our site to get better